Thursday, December 6, 2007

Second

So I'm sitting in class listening to debates being held covering many different topics. So congratulations you(again if anyone else reads this...other than me) get to hear my thoughts I had during this class.

The first thing that came to my mind was how a church should be led. The purpose of an organization is to fulfill the mission. Sometimes organizations lose the mission and instead try to uphold institution. But without a mission there is no institution. In a Christian stand point I hope we don't lose the mission of Christ, because that is what will hold the organization(church) together. Don't think I am saying the church is a mere organization, I instead believe the church is people desiring action. An action of loving. This whole "mission" thing can also play over into any buisiness, school, college, or any organization. I fear my college is becoming an organization that is trying to uphold the institution aspect and not looking at fulfilling the original mission. This is why I am always studying what the mission of Christ was, becuase this will be the mission of whatever "organization" I am apart of.
Love Loudly..Live Graciously.. Be Conversational

No comments: