Monday, July 14, 2008

Sixteenth

Here is the music for the day, Death Cab for Cutie = AMAZING!!


Well this is my first official week without my mentor being here. For those who don't know I am doing the most amazing internship under the most amazing person I have met.(I am saying that in case he reads this, hey Aaron) He is out living the life in Colorodo for sometime. It's actually his study break and I am sure he will come back revived and ready to go, which is a good thing. I had my first softball game this weekend, I am so much better at softball than baseball (yes I am bragging about myself, it's what I do.) But much more happened this weekend that can only be God stepping in the box for me.

If you read my last post you will learn about a young woman that I think is on the verge of a life change. Well I was at the gym on Saturday (torturing my body) and she was there working out as well. Well after we were done we struck up a conversation (yes while we were both nasty, smelly, and sweaty..how attractive). Well when we were done I walked out and she went to the desk to get her things, so when I got to my car I threw a proposition towards God. I said, if you bring her this way I'll ask her to come to church. Sure enough she parked right next to me. (Now you could say it is a coincidence that she parked there and that I am looking to far into things. Well I would say to you, my God is bigger than chance.) So I kind of guilted her into coming by saying, "if you don't come and I am standing there waiting I will look like an idiot", thruth is I look like an idiot walking around this huge place anyway, with my head moving from side to side like a bobble head doll.

Long story short, she came!! When I asked her how hard it was her response took me back a little, "Well I woke and kept telling myself I wasn't going. And as I kept telling myself that I found myself in my car driving. And then when I pulled into the parking lot I told myself I was going to turn around and then I found myself in a parking spot." (God? I'd say so)

Now for all you "all Jesus no church" people I have a response. I beleive the church is such an important part of Christianity, 1 Corinthians 12.13 says that we were “baptized into one body”. The body is the church, so if I am going to have conversation with this friend of mine about God, then the church will be involved. This conversation about "Jesus not church" can go on and if you want to talk let me know and we will.

So anyway, she came!!! All I can do is praise God for what he did this weekend in her life. I can only pray He continues to work in her life and if I am needed as a tool "here I am send me." If you feel led, pray for her and pray that questions will come to her mind, questions are good-very good.

Love Loudly..Live Graciously..Be Conversational..

No comments: